By Emily Corken ’13, Communications Assistant
What is a Google form?
Google form is a practical application used to collect information in a streamlined way. A form can be utilized to send a survey, give students a quiz, or even to collect information from colleagues. It can be personalized to fit the content that is being collected; everything from the type of question to the method of collecting responses can be individualized by you!
Take a look at this Google form that we created for our summer social media campaign, #KINspired.
How do you create a Google form?
The first step is deciding to create your form through Google form or Google spreadsheet, both of which can be found once in Google Drive:
- If creating through Google form, select the red Create button then Form.
- If creating through a Google spreadsheet, click the Insert menu then Form.
- The next step is to add questions. Questions can be asked in a variety of ways including: multiple choice, short answer, scale, or list.
- Once your questions are finalized, share the form with the desired audience by clicking send form. You will then have the option to send via email, Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.
- When your audience begins to complete the forms you can then analyze responses. Choose to view responses in a spreadsheet or store them in Google forms; either way makes it simple to view the results!
Now it’s time for you to create your own Google form! For additional tips, visit the Google Drive help center.